SportPesa has resumed operations in Kenya, three days after the High Court lifted the betting board’s ban on the use of the brand name “SportPesa” in the country.
The Betting Control and Licensing Board (BCLB) had banned Milestone from using the name SportPesa or domains, www.ke.sportpesa.com, www.sportpesa.co.ke or pay bill numbers allocated by either Safaricom or Airtel to Pevans.
Milestone Games had been licensed to run a betting platform known as Milestone Bet but after a deal with SportPesa Global Holdings Ltd, were authorised to use the SportPesa brand name.
To place bets, one will need to deposit funds from their mobile wallet to their Sportpesa wallet.
To deposit from M-Pesa,
- Go to Mpesa menu
- Select Payment services
- Click on Paybill
- Enter business number as 5212121
- Enter the account number as SPORTPESA
- Enter the amount you want to transfer to SportPesa account
- Enter your Mpesa pin and Confirm the request
- You will shortly receive an SMS from Mpesa and SportPesa to confirm the transaction
You can also deposit without leaving the Sportpesa website: To do this:-
- Click “DEPOSIT FUNDS” button at the top of the page.
- Enter the amount you would wish to deposit then wait for the Mpesa USSD to pop up on your phone.
- Enter your Mpesa PIN to authorize the transaction.