Schneider Electric, the leader in digital transformation of energy management and automation,announced the enrichment of its cloud-based data center infrastructure management solution, EcoStruxure™ IT Expertand. As part of the release, Schneider Electric is offering a 90-day, risk-free, full featured trial, which can be accessed here.
EcoStruxure IT Expert is the Industry’s first cloud-based Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) solution which brings advantages such as the collection of large amounts of data in one location, monitoring and management from a single device or location, and big data analytics. If harnessed properly, these advantages can improve how IT and data centre equipment and infrastructure are monitored and managed; and provide deeper insights that will both optimise usage of data centre equipment and extend the equipment lifecycle.
“The explosion of data, together with the growth of IoT and cloud computing has led customers to create hybrid ecosystems including on-premise data centres, distributed IT or local edge, and public and private cloud. IT equipment is moving back on-premise to meet the bandwidth and latency requirements of critical applications. Therefore, remote management of increasingly complex network architectures is becoming a big area of concern for end-user customers.” said Edouard Heripret,General Manager, East Africa, Schneider Electric. “Digital transformations, IoT and limited IT staff are increasing the requirement for on-premise infrastructure and management.”
With IT Expert, Schneider Electric brings secure, vendor agnostic, wherever-you-go monitoring and visibility of all IoT-enabled physical infrastructure assets withintelligent benchmarking and visibility enabling performance and resiliency optimization.
As part of Schneider Electric’s EcoStruxure architecture, ITExpert operates with all IoT-enabled physical infrastructure assets like secure power and cooling — including the new,cloud-enabled Smart-UPS with APC SmartConnect. IT Expert addresses the data center industry’s need to simplify how data centers, distributed IT, and local edge environments are managed. Providing proactive recommendations and consolidated performance and alarming data, IT Expert can significantly reduce alarm noise and improve overall site resiliency.
Key benefits of EcoStruxure IT and its applications include:
- Global visibility across the hybrid ecosystem regardless of location
- Secureupdates of mass configuration and firmware in a more simple and faster process
- Vendor neutral data capture of device information, smart alarms, and monitoring of all connected devices through an open system
- Subscription model ensures the ease of deployment and updating for any size IT or data center environment
- 24/7 remote monitoring optionsthrough our partners with EcoStruxure IT for Partners or through Schneider Electric Service Bureau with EcoStruxure Asset Advisor. The Service Bureau or partner helps troubleshoot and dispatch service teams, reducing meantime to repair and improving system availability and performance.