Today, President Uhuru Kenyatta has announced a curfew starting 7 pm to 5 am effective Friday, March 27.
The curfew will exempt few Kenyans such Health professionals and Kenya power officers.
Below is the full list of those exempted from the curfew:-
- Medical Professionals and Health Workers
- National Security, Administration and Co-ordination Officers
- Public Health and Sanitation officers in the County Governments
- Licensed Pharmacies and Drug Stores
- Licensed Broadcaster and Media Houses
- Kenya Power & Lightening Company Limited
- Food Dealers, Distributors, Wholesalers & Transporters of Farm Produce
- Licensed Supermarkets, Mini-Markets and Hypermarkets
- Licensed Distributors and Retailers of Petroleum and Oil Products and Lubricants.
- Licensed Telecommunication Operators and Service Providers
- Licensed Financial Institutions and Payment Financial Services
- Fire Brigade and other Emergency Response Services
- Licensed security firms